Well lots has happened. Brief summary below, then i can get back to a more regular posting schedule.
- DCU won the cycling varsities. We won it by lots. Had a bad aul day in the RR but the TT went well. In the end of the day it just went to prove i'm not a roadie
- Training has been pretty consistent, allot of time on the bike, a good bit on my feet, but still not much in the pool. I just can't get past the fact that burning out from cycling has affected my opinion to pool training, i can do it, but it sucks!
- However i did a wee race pace effort in the pool the other day. Swimming 400's in 8mins. At a pace i can hold for pretty much 1,200m without blowing it up. So technically i could be looking at a 35min time, so well within my 45min time that i reckon
- Running pace is going well, doing 10km's at a well comfortable IM shuffle in 45 mins. Happy, means i'm within my target!
- Cycling is great, feeling strong and fast. TT bike is all together and ready for some long spins over the coming weeks, just need to get out now!
- Mountain biking, god i missed it. Went out again on Sunday. Great great feeling to be back on the bike. Man i missed it, looking at some races in the next few weeks and a few BIG challenges.... stay tuned!
Looking for a long week on the bike this week, and first major brick session :/ lets see how it goes!
PS i shaved my legs....