It was a hard month, compounding the fact that im not one for the festive period and the pressure of trying to run a national championships it lead to a break down in training, focus and decision making.
On the plus side it has put some things into perspective for me as well.
- Goals are important, just training for cross has put me no where after the supercross cup ended for me
- Injuries repeat, i should know this by now.
- Consistency, i have not been , need to get it drilled back into me again both in work and training
So to resolve this I've sat down, wrote a list, checked it twice, and found out which races looked naughty and nice. A mixture of the two have left me looking at A races in August with DCT and Kenmare featuring as well as two 24hour MTB races seperated by 6 weeks.
Not sure if i can afford Xterra racing this year, so I'm just going to stay close to home, race the XC circuit and hill runs when i can. I'll fit in two off road tri's anyway and if Xterra Uk happens....well we can wait and see.
So the way to overcome these points:
- Race plan developed, emailed to Rich, training system is go now
- First day back in gym yesterday, S&C program is back, access to high performance gym is sorted again. Shoulder, your mine again.
- Week plans, going to get printed out with what is happening, using gCal more now, updates with what i need to do. No more getting into office at 11am
Lets see how it goes, and as ever, adapt or die.