Wednesday, January 13

Planning and preparing

It was a hard month, compounding the fact that im not one for the festive period and the pressure of trying to run a national championships it lead to a break down in training, focus and decision making.

On the plus side it has put some things into perspective for me as well.

  1. Goals are important, just training for cross has put me no where after the supercross cup ended for me
  2. Injuries repeat, i should know this by now.
  3. Consistency, i have not been , need to get it drilled back into me again both in work and training
So to resolve this I've sat down, wrote a list, checked it twice, and found out which races looked naughty and nice. A mixture of the two have left me looking at A races in August with DCT and Kenmare featuring as well as two 24hour MTB races seperated by 6 weeks.

Not sure if i can afford Xterra racing this year, so I'm just going to stay close to home, race the XC circuit and hill runs when i can. I'll fit in two off road tri's anyway and if Xterra Uk happens....well we can wait and see.

So the way to overcome these points:
  1. Race plan developed, emailed to Rich, training system is go now
  2. First day back in gym yesterday, S&C program is back, access to high performance gym is sorted again. Shoulder, your mine again.
  3. Week plans, going to get printed out with what is happening, using gCal more now, updates with what i need to do. No more getting into office at 11am
Lets see how it goes, and as ever, adapt or die.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I read it.
What races are you planning this year? Do you still need support for the 24 hr races?

Greg May said...

Lots and lots :)

yeah going to post up race cal later today, see what people think! I'm happy enough with it

yeah will need some crew, Pauline is in, peter said he'd be up for it anyway.