Monday, June 14


If you can find my work one please return it. Currently i feel like this pup. Playing chase the tail is much easier than actually doing things i should be doing.

Training is happening albeit not very structured. Had a very good run week while over in the US clocking up 50km before i succumbed to air conditioning endued sickness. A few days of travel and planes put an end to any chance of recovering fast from that so i just sucked it up and got on with it. Few short rides on the fixie to work at low intensities and one hard ish 2 hour ride on the MTB last week at least let me get my legs back into bike mode.

The UK last weekend was a good chance to catch up with some swimming as i got a session in a pool for the first time in a few months (need to go pay my pool fee's), gotta love the pay and swim attitude in the national training centre in the UK. God knows why we try to rape people when they want to train at the NAC, and if they want to use the 50m pool....oh that'll be a leg sir. Saturday was mostly reading, sun and thinking. Work never leaves my brain (Which is unfortunate) so when it decideds it wants to work i try to let it. Just need to figure out how to get it to work on que.

Sunday was post curry dinner run after a few hours of faffing. Think the US jet lag had not totally gone away and a sleep until 11am pretty much proved that. So much for our early run in the mountains. Eventually rocked up in Settle at about 3pm, crammed some coffee and cake in at 'Ye Olde Naked Man Cafe' and then headed up to Whernside.

14km run in 1hr 40mins at a nice easy pace. Just tipping along for most of the run. Taking the ups hard but not to hard, then easy on the downs and flats. Even rain as we hit the top wouldn't turn my first proper long hill run in a while into a bad day. Running in a singlet and shorts in the rain on top of a mountain has a perverse effect in me. I love it, mood goes from good to great every time it happens. Something special when you run past hill walkers and they look at you without understanding and a bit of shock.

Eventually back to Settle looking like drowned rats, into the chipper for some healthy recovery food, then into the car back to Manky. Usual early morning farce of a flight (why do i get these stupid early flights) then off to work to sleep for the day. Legs still hadn't come right last night so 3hrs 30mins on the bike appeared to be the thing to do.....this whole IM training is going to be interesting.

No comments: